Understanding Who We Are

Tuesday, July 8, 2008


All my life that has been my journey, to understand who I am and what my purpose on this earth really is. Earlier this year, there was an assignment posted to find out what your name means. I did that, and I found out that my name means welcome. I also did a deeper research on it, because I know that your name describes who you are intended to be. To make a long story short, I found out that my name signifies one that receives another into the kingdom. Okay, that's cool but how do I do that was my question.

So far with reading the word, attending scribal anointing sessions, prayer, and hearing the word from my pastors, I've come to an understanding that there are categories in understanding who you are:

1. What God calls you by name
2. What you are called to do
3. The mandate over your life
4. What you are required to do with what you've been given
5. The authority you have in Christ
6. Your position

The reason I'm writing this post is because, all the pieces to the puzzle have been revealed to me and now I have an understanding of who I am and I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited! All my life, that has been my journey. I always felt like I was a mistake ,I was worthless, and had no true purpose. But I thank God for all my failed attempts of suicide and now I know that I am somebody that God created to do great things.

Today I know that I am to welcome others into the kingdom of God with my personality, unique characteristics, and godly lifestyle. I know that I am called to write. Writing is my profession, it is my vocation, it is what I do to bring back order into the kingdom! I understand that the mandate over my life is to make disciples of all nations and baptize them in the name of Jesus, teaching them the truth of the gospel through my writing. I have been given much, and much is required of me. I am to produce good fruit. I have the authority and legal power to conquer every situation because it is my right to do so. Today I understand my position. I was created in the image of God and in His likeness. He blessed me before I was even in my mother's womb. He assigned me to spread His kingdom, to be a duplicator of what He's done, to increase in authority, dominion, and power. He created me to be fruitful and multiply, to prosper, reproduce, fill the earth, and take charge. Therefore I stand today in the position that God blessed me in. The position of a delegated ruler of the earth, the position of one who governs, the position of royalty, the position of an heir, the position of a child of the King.

I am about my Father's business. I know who I am, and I will live! (My declaration)

Sorry I didn't have any scripture reference, but it's in the word, start with your position in Genesis 1:26-28

0 comments:

 
Devotionals for Success - Templates para novo blogger