Obeying All The Rules

Tuesday, July 8, 2008


On April 22, 2007, my pastor, Cal Roberts, shared a message based off Mark 11:22-24 which states " And Jesus, replying, said to them, Have faith in God [constantly]. Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him. For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, you will [get it]." (AMP)

The message was titled "The Law of Confession". The word of God or the Holy Bible, is known to be the book of the law, the basic instructions before leaving earth. So I looked up the word law to get a better understanding of what it is and according to "The World Book Dictionary: Volume Two", the word law is described as "a rule or regulation made by a country or state for all people who live there, a system of rules formed to protect society or some other group." With this description, I've come to know that the law is not there to hinder me from what I want to do, but it is established for my own protection.

The word of God is full of laws- rules formed for my good! Rules formed for me to live life in abundance, to the full, till it overflows. (John 10:10 AMP)

That is why Jesus fulfilled the law. He came to show us the benefits of being obedient to the rules established by God.

In Mark 11:22-24, Jesus responded to his disciples with a set of rules- "Have faith in God, Speak to the Mountains, Do not doubt, and Believe what you ask for in prayer." These rules have been set for our good. And as a children of God, we have no other choice but to be obedient to the rules.

Dr. Nasir Siddiki, made a profound statement on his television broadcast, " Our blessing is on the other side of our obedience." Meaning, when we obey, we get blessed. And of course we all want to be blessed.

"I'm blessed and preparing for success, for the law of confession is what shapes me to be the best. I believe therefore I speak, having no doubts, I carry out every positive word spoken over me. My faith in God is what matters to me, His spirit in me- comforting me and guiding me to all truth. And now, I am living life obeying all of the rules."- Maeva Renaud

0 comments:

 
Devotionals for Success - Templates para novo blogger