Speak Life

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63 NKJV)

In the faith series, my pastor Cal Roberts was discussing the topic of the law of confession, basically dealing with the words that we are confessing on a daily basis. The main scripture that we focused on was Mark 11:22-24 which told us that “if we ask for anything in Jesus’ name and believe that we received it, it will be given to us”. This faith series has been truly a blessing. I’ve learned to watch what I say, because even if it isn’t the word of God, it still has life. And according to the principle of ask and believe, if I speak a negative word in my life and believe that word in my heart, it is bound to happen. That’s the principle.

Upon reading John 6:63, when Jesus was speaking to His disciples, I understood the example that He was giving, “It is the Spirit who gives life”. We are spiritual beings who live in a body (flesh). We ought to walk by the spirit of God that is in us to truly experience life, “in abundance, to the full, till it overflows” (John 10:10 AMP). What I’ve come to understand from John 6: 63, is that when we don’t walk in the spirit, it profits us nothing. The word of God is spirit and it brings forth life. Walking in the spirit is walking in the word of God; speaking the word of God, and living life according to the word.

This is amazing to me because I know that God is Spirit, and the words that He speaks are Spirit. He framed the entire world with His words, created me in His image and likeness. Therefore I too am spirit, and the words that I speak are spirit, and my goal is to make sure that the words that come out of my mouth are life giving and not death taking.

“Lord teach me to be like you,
When you open your mouth,
Life comes through.
Teach me Lord,
To speak life too”

0 comments:

 
Devotionals for Success - Templates para novo blogger